Friday, January 28, 2011

Angel Heart



Angel Heart

Materials & Stiches used:

Lion Brand  Cotton Ease Yarn: Red
7” of 1.5”wide lace
Alligator Clip
Crochet Hook Size: F
sc =  single crochet
ss = slip stitch
hdc = half double crochet

I started out using this pattern first - Thank you Julie-K
http://www.kundhi.com/blog/2010/01/22/tiny-crochet-heart-pattern/

Then I changed a few things so.....

This is how I make my Hearts:

Form magic circle

9 sc into magic circle

ss into 1st sc to join, Chain 1

skip 1, 5 hdc into next sc

sc into next 2 stitches,

1 hdc into next stitch {Center},

sc in next 2 stitches

5 hdc into next stitch, chain 1

Ss into joining stitch {Center}, fasten off, cut,  leave 2” tail, move tail to back of work

Pull magic circle closed, tie loose ends together trim excess

Finished

Wings
With a dot of hot glue join 7” of lace to form a circle, fold, wrap center and tie with dental floss or thread, this forms a bow which becomes “wings”

Hot glue lace wings to the back of heart

Hot glue small alligator clip to the center and you are done.

Happy Valentines Day


If my pattern does not make sense to you, try the GREAT patterns found at Raverly.com
If you Knit or Crochet this is a Super FUN resource for patterns
There is button on my side bar that will take you there.
Raverly Project From "Nerd Wars" Team
Heart Bow Tie

I am trying this pattern I found at Raverly next....
"Hearts Coasters"
If mine turn out as cute a the picture from "whiskers and wool" then this will be my Valentine for Co-Workers this year.

http://www.ravelry.com/designers/doni-speigle

I used my Heart Pattern to make this cute embellishment for this Hat

My Angel Heart Post is Shared at these GREAT parties
Today's Creative Blog
Anything Related

Featured at TangledHappy 

giveaways










6 comments:

Olga Poltava said...

These angel hearts are so lovely. Perfect decorations for Valentine's Day.

Sara said...

Hi Cheryl. I love these Angel Hearts! I will be linking up at www.tangledhappy.blogspot.com next week. Hope you don't mind? My girls would love these!

- said...

Simply adorable!

Sara said...

Hi Cheryl. So happy to see you at Tangled Happy! Thank you for your kind comments and for letting me share your "Angel Heart"! I really like your Valentine Button too. I see you are a very new blogger. I have only been blogging about about four months but have been a long time reader of many. I love all the creative inspiration I find in the blogosphere and I love sharing my favorite finds with others. Hope to see you often. :)

Beth said...

Very pretty!


I have a link party on my blog dedicated to knitting and crochet. It's called Fibers on Friday, you should stop by and link up!

http://plumslife.blogspot.com/

KateMStarr@yahoo.com said...

So sweet, perfect little clip to stick in a Valentine basket!